[DeTomaso] Collector car Insurance

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 16:13:20 EDT 2014

Dear fellow Panterians,
I have never come across a more convoluted  , complicated quagmire of
overlapping information in my life. It seems like company A is owned by
company B which is underwritten by company C which is owned by company A!.
It's crazy.
After jerry posted his question I thought it would be a relatively simple
answer. Boy was I wrong! Although I can't tell who is owned by who but I
can tell you that Grundy is affiliated with AIG, USLI, ACE,Chubb,Firemans
fund, Travelers and Philidelphia Ins,company . Like that used to say at the
baseball games when I was a kid "You can't tell the players without a score
card! At this point allI know is my coverage went up (substantially)and my
premium remained relatively unchanged!. If someone can explain this please
let me know. I learned some time ago not to look a gift horse in the mouth.
I am happy with my premium and my coverage. And if the gods are smiling
upon me I will not ever need their services,
Boyd

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 2:44 PM, Jerry Knotts <knottsj at galstar.com> wrote:

>    Our Mr. Shortt put me onto his Barret Jackson agent.  She was very
>    patient with a flake like me.
>    I now have 3 Panteras, one with a twin turbo and 200hp nitrous shot, a
>    93 Rx-7 with a LS1 and a 100 nitrous shot, as well as a 95 Mustang with
>    a stroked 351W to 393 supercharged insured.  The total annual rate is
>    $695 for all vehicles with a stated value on each car.  It is much,
>    much less expensive than my previous insurance.
>    Happy camper,
>    jerry
>    On 4/29/2014 8:23 PM, Bill Lewis wrote:
>
>    So, are you saying that it seems that Grundy, Haggerty, and Heacock
>    (using American Modern) will all have the same premiums and coverages?
>     Anyone else want to speak to this?     Thanks, BILL Lewis
>    Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 19:50:53 -0400
>    From: [1]boyd411 at gmail.com
>    To: [2]detomaso at poca.com
>    Subject: [DeTomaso] Collector car Insurance
> To all who helped me and shared experience and advice concerning Insurance
> and Panteras appreciating values I wanted to share the results of my
> search.
> I just received my new policy from Grundy Insurance. Dennis Sanford a
> member of the Long Island POCA group recommended them after his pant era
> was totaled by hurricane Sandy.
> I had American Modern Home Ins Co, who it turns out are the underwriters
> for several other collector car Insurance companies (including Haggerty)
> When I called Haggerty and they asked me who i was currently insured with
> and I told them AMHI , they said "Hold on" They underwrite our policies so
> your premium will be the same. So I contacted Grundy.  I got my Liability
> raised from 100/ 300 to $500K single limit, raised the insured value of my
> car by 60% and my premium was virtually unchanged! All the other
> superfluous coverages are essentially the same. The premium for this level
> coverage with my  previous insurer ( as well as others I called) was double
> what I am paying (and was paying! So needless to say I am quite happy and
> would seriously recommend any one looking for a collector car policy ( or
> another high end coverage , like yachts, collectibles even High end daily
> drivers , they do it all!
> Thanks again for all the advice.
> Boyd

> References
>
>    1. mailto:boyd411 at gmail.com
>    2. mailto:detomaso at poca.com
>    3. mailto:DeTomaso at poca.com
>    5. mailto:DeTomaso at poca.com

   Dear fellow Panterians,
   I have never come across a more convoluted A , complicated quagmire of

   On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 2:44 PM, Jerry Knotts <[1]knottsj at galstar.com>