[DeTomaso] Coolant

Brian Dudley bd8134 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 11:20:34 EDT 2014

If you believe what you read, many say the newer antifreeze can attack the
solder and copper in radiators.
The recommendation seems to be the original green antifreeze which is
suitable for all metals.
The down side of the green is that the inhibitors do not last as long as
the newer breeds of antifreeze.
http://www.underhoodservice.com/Article/46495/cooling_system_antifreeze_requirements.aspx
http://www.mgexp.com/article/coolant.html
Even if you replace the original radiator with an aluminum one, your heater
core is most likely copper with solder.
I am using the full strength Peak green antifreeze diluted 50/50 with
distilled water.
http://images.peakauto.com/PEAK_conv_green_spec_sheet_LORES.pdf
I found it at Advance Auto Parts.
YMMV