[DeTomaso] Collector car Insurance

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Wed Apr 30 00:50:36 EDT 2014

Not to confuse the issue, but here is my insurance situation:
I have zero deductible, 300/500 limits and $60,000 agreed value.
I am with Hagerty and pay about $550 per year.
That may be higher other companies, but I've had two claims with Hagerty, and they paid immediately with absolutely no problems, and no increase in rates (at the time).
My rates increased when I increased my agreed value a few years ago, of course, and a bit again a year or two ago (but it was not much).
I have no mileage limit, and the didn't squawk when I told them I had a 408 stroker, custom wheels and a big stereo.
Just my two cents.
Sincerely,
Chris