[DeTomaso] Collector car Insurance

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 22:51:24 EDT 2014

No not at all. Grundy had a far lower premium for much better coverage. As
I mentioned my Liability coverage went from 100/300 (that's $300K total
with $100K per incident or payee (i think) Grundy gave me $500K single
limit which if I understand correctly means they will pay up to $500K in a
single claim. My agreed value went up 60% over what it was with American
Modern Home. I was told by a list member and by the Haggerty agent that
American Modern Home underwrites (provides) the Insurance that
Haggertysells and they
AMH provide the same underwriting for several of the well known collector
car insurance sellers. So I would highly recommend anyone who's policy is
up for renewal or who wants to increase their coverage limits to give
grundya call ( or go to their web sight) It was a quick painless
process. i got
an underwriters approval in only two days wit a single good photo of my
car. AMH was more difficult to deal with and took much longer to
underwrite. Even after I had coverage with them I wanted to add another
collector car I purchased. They couldn't or wouldn't supply immediate
coverage even though I had already purchased the car. I had to purchase a
policy from progressive to cover the car while I waited for AMH to approve
the addition to my policy. Once they did Progressive refunded my premium. I
never had a claim with AMH but when Dennis (from the list) Pantera was
totaled by Hurricane Sandy they paid him off in no time with no problems.
They also offered him the opportunity to buy his car back from them for a
reasonable price.
Boyd

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 9:23 PM, Bill Lewis <lotus0005 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
   call ( or go to their web sight) It was a quick painless process. i got
   an underwriters approval in only two days wit a single good photo of my
   car. AMH was more difficult to deal with and took much longer to
   underwrite. Even after I had coverage with them I wanted to add another
   collector car I purchased. They couldn't or wouldn't supply immediate
   coverage even though I had already purchased the car. I had to purchase
   a policy from progressive to cover the car while I waited for AMH to
   approve the addition to my policy. Once they did Progressive refunded
   my premium. I never had a claim with AMH but when Dennis (from the
   list) Pantera was totaled by Hurricane Sandy they paid him off in no
   time with no problems. They also offered him the opportunity to buy his
   car back from them for a reasonable price.

   On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 9:23 PM, Bill Lewis <[1]lotus0005 at hotmail.com>
     A  A So, are you saying that it seems that Grundy, Haggerty, and
     Heacock
     A  A (using American Modern) will all have the same premiums and
     coverages?
     A  A  Anyone else want to speak to this? A  A  Thanks, BILL Lewis
     A  A Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 19:50:53 -0400
     A  A From: [2]boyd411 at gmail.com
     A  A To: [3]detomaso at poca.com
     A  A Subject: [DeTomaso] Collector car Insurance

   To all who helped me and shared experience and advice concerning
   Insurance
   and Panteras appreciating values I wanted to share the results of my
   search.
   I just received my new policy from Grundy Insurance. Dennis Sanford a
   member of the Long Island POCA group recommended them after his pant
   era
   was totaled by hurricane Sandy.
   I had American Modern Home Ins Co, who it turns out are the
   underwriters
   for several other collector car Insurance companies (including
   Haggerty)
   When I called Haggerty and they asked me who i was currently insured
   with
   and I told them AMHI , they said "Hold on" They underwrite our policies
   so
   your premium will be the same. So I contacted Grundy. A I got my
   Liability
   raised from 100/ 300 to $500K single limit, raised the insured value of
   my
   car by 60% and my premium was virtually unchanged! All the other
   superfluous coverages are essentially the same. The premium for this
   level
   coverage with my A previous insurer ( as well as others I called) was
   double
   what I am paying (and was paying! So needless to say I am quite happy
   and
   would seriously recommend any one looking for a collector car policy (
   or
   another high end coverage , like yachts, collectibles even High end
   daily
   drivers , they do it all!
   Thanks again for all the advice.
   Boyd