[DeTomaso] Coolant

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Tue Apr 29 20:56:45 EDT 2014

After 23 years I had to replace my Hall radiator.  Since I never had overheating problems, I decided to put another Hall radiator back in instead of dealing with the extra time and expense of putting in an aluminum radiator with sucker fans (I still use the factory pusher fans).  I got the radiator installed today so I'm ready to put coolant back in.

I've always used the old green coolant.  Before I put new coolant back in, I thought I'd ping the group for opinions on what coolant to use.  Green, Yellow (extended life), or you name a color.  The one thing I won't use is Dex-cool (orange).  I basically have a rebuilt stock engine and the brass/copper radiator.  My main question is whether the extended life coolant is a better way to go.  I looked at a couple of places and saw that they didn't even stock the full strength green coolant anymore.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Tom
5186