[DeTomaso] Starter Replacement Options

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 26 23:32:30 EDT 2014

Make sure it's for a manual transmission.  My recollection is that the flex plate ring gear is deeper than the fly wheel ring gear.

The Hi Torque starter made by IMI is really nice but it does not use a remote solenoid if that is what you want.  They have sold starters to vendors and know what you need for a Pantera.  I know the owner, Jack Isom, very well, and he is fanatical about quality.  They allow you to clock the starter for the best position.  I can send you photos If you want to see one.

Ken