[DeTomaso] NPC: Bounces and subscription suspensions

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Fri Apr 18 21:08:51 EDT 2014

All,

It appears a member of this list contracted a virus that took over their
email.  Due to that, the Mailman server has experienced a large number
of bounces on certain accounts who have protections in place.  This
means some people have email accounts where bad messages don't get
delivered, and a -bounce- message is returned to the Mailman server.
This has caused those subscribers to have their account suspended.

This doesn't mean they've been removed.  Because I got the bad email
myself, I know about this.  When the admin email box for the Mailman
server started indicating a lot of bounces and disabling of accounts, I
went in and checked, and if a user had not already re-enabled delivery
themselves, I tried to take care of it for them.  All should be alright now.

You each should be receiving a monthly reminder of your account.  You
can use that to log in and check the settings of your account.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA