[DeTomaso] CLUTCH MASTERS

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Apr 16 22:37:49 EDT 2014

In a message dated 4/16/14 19 18 2, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> If there is some "Trick" to installing the clutch master I wish someone
> would share it with me!
>

>>>The trick is to not disconnect the pushrod from the pedal.   Instead,
you unbolt the master and draw it forward, which brings the pedal to the
floor. Then you reach inside with a pair of snap ring pliers and disconnect the
pushrod from the back of the master (caution, the spring inside may blow it
apart and spill brake fluid so be careful).

Then, you use your snap ring pliers and remove the new pushrod from the new
master.   Slide the new master in place and connect it to the old pushrod,
reinstall the snap ring, and bolt the master down.   No need to adjust the
pushrod length etc. because nothing has changed.

Requires snap rings with a 90-degree bend and a bit of patience, but it's
much easier than horsing round with the tiny snap rings that hold the pin to
the pedal.

Credit where credit is due--Steve Wilkinson taught me that trick....