[DeTomaso] NPC - Barrett Jackson this weekend in Palm Beach

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 05:25:25 EDT 2014

One of my all-time favorite cars I bought at an auction. I bought a 1987
Ford Crown Victoria that was an ex-Cook County Sheriff Dept car. It had no
battery, so there was no way of starting the engine before the auction to
know if it even ran. It had 2 14" rims on one side, and 2 15" on the other
side so it was decidedly lopsided. But I paid $250 cash for it, bought a new
battery and 2 15" rims in the junkyard, and drove that car for years.  The
thing was huge and drove like a boat, but I loved that car!

It was dead reliable, I eventually donated it to the Red Cross when I left
for Europe and it is probably still running today somewhere!