[DeTomaso] Carb Inlet

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Sun Apr 13 17:05:48 EDT 2014

Space City members have run dyno comparisons with the dogbone twice.

Once on my 408 where the dogbone without a spacer was 10HP down as
compared to running no aircleaner on an engine dynometer.

The 2nd test was on a chassis dyno using Gray Gregory's car with a 377
Cleveland. The dogbone showed one horsepower more than without it.  We
attributed the increase to within the margin of error.  He used no
spacer and a single element on both sides.

I believe some deeper testing was done a couple years back where an
individual varied the height of the spacer under the dogbone.  If I
recall correctly, a 1.5" worked best with no additional gains beyond.
Anyone recall the specifics?

As seen in the pic, I now run the dogbone with four K&N airfilter
elements and a 2" spacer on top of a strip dominator.  It does not block
my view out the rear as I look out over the top of it.

JT