[DeTomaso] New Stainless steel headers / exhaust

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Apr 12 13:11:30 EDT 2014

In a message dated 4/12/14 9 41 6, mbefthomas at comcast.net writes:

> If your Mindtrains can be repaired, and you like the look and sound, I'd
> do
> that and see if a ball flange connection can be retrofit to the system.
>

>>>All other things being equal, a ball flange makes life easy.   But if
the system is properly manufactured, flat collector flanges work just fine.
In his case, he's already got the system installed on his car and
(presumably) it fits just fine.   So there would be absolutely zero to gain by hacking
up both the headers and the tailpipes to accomodate a ball flange setup,
and doing so would be a rather time-consuming and thus expensive undertaking.

That would fall into the category of 'recreational maintenance'...:>)