[DeTomaso] ZF gear oil

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 12 10:59:58 EDT 2014

Redline Oils have a good reputation, I use the Redline 75/90NS in the Pantera and the Porsche G50 transaxle of the Ultima as highly recommend by the Porsche guys.
We had a local tech session only a week ago where our POCA chapter purchased the oil to promote everyone changing their ZF fluid. The amount of people that had either not changed it for a long time or even never done it was surprising, considering the effects that have been posted on numerous occasions. One local members ZF is with Lloyd for that exact reason, not used and not rotated or oil changed and rust on the exposed portion of the gears.
Someone contacted Lloyd and he had recommended the Valvoline 80W90 which as it turns out is available as a NAPA branded oil as well at lower cost than the Valvoline branded equivalent.
Julian