[DeTomaso] Radiator Fans Running Constantly

Mike Reilly reillyms at live.com
Wed Apr 9 15:36:25 EDT 2014

Hi all.  I know trouble shooting through mail is difficult but I thought I'd ask.  I also haven't figured out how to get to the mail archives to search previous posts so hope folks don't mind.  Situation:  I had my radiator re-cored due to age and some leaks. My car is a late 74 (#7366).  When it was in the car before the repair my Meriah front pusher fans worked fine.  They each came on as needed and didn't run most of the time.  With the new radiator installed they both now run constantly even though the car is running very cool.   They will run when I turn the ignition key before the engine even cranks.   I have the stock wiring and only disconnected the brown and black wires from each of the temp sensors in the radiator during the removal and installation (took photos to reinstall correctly).  I assume the temp senders are fine as I believe if they failed the fan(s) would stop working.  I plan to trouble shoot it all this weekend and any leads are appreciated.  Also I saw some great ran and headlight control kits from 'Pantera Electronics."  Anyone have experience with these?   They look to be a similar solution to the headlight/fan control fix Mike Drew published previously.   Thanks, Mike