[DeTomaso] Throttle Cable Problem

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Apr 8 20:06:52 EDT 2014

In a message dated 4/8/14 11 20 16, cuvee at sbcglobal.net writes:

> I got a new throttle cable from one of the venders. It has the built in
> return spring at the end by the carb. The damn thing is so hard when pushing
> on the gas pedal I'm afraid the gas pedal is going to break! It don't seem
> to be binding anywhere! Has anyone else had this problem? Can the return
> spring be removed and use a aftermarket return spring? The original work
> really easy!
>

>>>It's almost assuredly NOT the spring that is the problem, but rather,
the combination of many springs.   You should have two external return
springs.   Assuming you do, the one in the throttle cable means you have THREE
springs and that's one too many.   Remove one of the two external springs.

Also, the spring tension on the throttle cable can be adjusted.   If you
have it compressed too much, you will make it too stiff.

Send me (or all of us) some photos of your current setup.