[DeTomaso] Spark plug question

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Apr 6 22:41:25 EDT 2014

The difference would be the aluminum heads.  Stock cast iron 351C heads
use a taper seat plug, like the AR-25.  But aluminum heads most likely
have a flat seat and use a sealing washer on the plug.  This helps
prevent galling that would occur if using a taper seat.  You CAN'T use a
taper seat with a head built for a washer.  So sorry, you can't use the
AR-25.

I use cast iron heads so I can't help recommend a better plug than what
you are using, except that I really like NGK.

Asa  Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA