[DeTomaso] Wanted - scientific car wax results

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Sun Apr 6 16:05:23 EDT 2014

Hhmm, why would you wax a BMW? :-)

On a more serious note, I've used Pinnacle, easy to use, only problem was
that it was hard to get the car cover on afterwards, it would just glide off
while trying to get it on.

On an even more serious note, I've stopped using wax. At LMC 2012 my freshly
waxed Pantera made the raindrops bead and when the sun got on it, it ruined
all horizontal surfaces, had to repaint it that winter. I realize that I had
an inferior paint job, my painter called it "f...... American thermoplastic
paint", but still, it makes you think. In the right conditions, rain, then
hard sun, the beads that we like the look of, they act as magnifying
glasses, testing your paint's properties to the max. And my Pantera is so
rarely out in the sun, it doesn't need wax to keep it shining. For me, no
more wax.

Mvh/Regards
Mikael