[DeTomaso] NPC: speed (Pal) nuts

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 5 16:39:06 EDT 2014

I find McMaster the best go to for small fittings and hardware;
 Flange Speed nuts http://www.mcmaster.com/#spring-speed-nuts/=repqj6
Julian

From: doug351c at gmail.com
To: detomaso at poca.com
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 13:15:47 -0800
Subject: [DeTomaso] NPC:  speed (Pal) nuts

Anyone run across a supplier for this type of speed nut (see attached pic).
I need it to fit a #6 sheet metal screw with the most common type "AB"
thread/point which I believe is 20 threads per inch.

I've also seen these called "Pal" nuts but the Pal type may only apply to a
machine thread which in this case would be 6-32.

Which brings up another question - anyone seen a size chart for sheet metal
screw thread pitches?

BTW: I need this to restore a vintage Gibson guitar amp for my son Steve.

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505

   nuts [1]http://www.mcmaster.com/#spring-speed-nuts/=repqj6