[DeTomaso] NPC: speed (Pal) nuts

doug351c doug351c at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 17:15:47 EDT 2014

Anyone run across a supplier for this type of speed nut (see attached pic).
I need it to fit a #6 sheet metal screw with the most common type "AB"
thread/point which I believe is 20 threads per inch.

I've also seen these called "Pal" nuts but the Pal type may only apply to a
machine thread which in this case would be 6-32.

Which brings up another question - anyone seen a size chart for sheet metal
screw thread pitches?

BTW: I need this to restore a vintage Gibson guitar amp for my son Steve.

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505