[DeTomaso] Looking for a dipstick, drivers side window vertical trim moulding, etc

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 4 10:44:05 EDT 2014

There was an aftemarket dipstick (or custom lengths available?) from Lokar that IIRC Larry Finch had success with at one point.

Julian

Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 06:17:46 -0400
From: michael at michaelshortt.com
To: edducati at mac.com
CC: detomaso at poca.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Looking for a dipstick, drivers side window vertical trim moulding, etc

As far as a dipstick goes, I went to Advance Auto Parts and bought a chrome
handled generic metal dipstick (Mr. Gasket) and the longest flexible spring
type dip stick they had in stock, neither of course was long enough. Cut
the bottom 3.5" off the chrome one and brazed it to the bottom of the
spring dipstick and the measured the balance of the chrome dipstick with
the handle end, cut off the bottom part that was not needed and brazed the
handle end onto the other end of the spring dip stick.

Works like a champ.

Michael Shortt.