[DeTomaso] Coolant leak

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Fri Apr 4 09:37:56 EDT 2014

 Yes, I'm hoping that's what my problem is.  The puddle is on the opposite side of the drain cock by the in/out tubes but that doesn't necessarily mean that's where the leak is.  Once it warms up, I'll put the car on the lift, let it warm up and start looking real close to try and find where the leak is at.   I looked at the hose clamps before I put it away and didn't see any signs of leaks but I didn't have as good a vantage position as when it is on the lift.

I have a brass Hall radiator (I think is was called the Phoenix model) that is 25 years old.  It's been repaired at least twice over the years.  The most recent was about 4 years ago when a small trickle leak developed along the end tank seam.  Can these radiators become weak as they age?

Tom
5186

 Wouldn't you know it decides to start leaking
>   just after I replaced the lower valence.
>
>>>I would assume a loose hose clamp or drain cock fitting rather than a
radiator issue?