[DeTomaso] Heater fresh air control cable hookup?

Brian Dudley bd8134 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 11:42:14 EDT 2014

Hi,
I do not know where to connect the fresh air pickup control cable to the
heater control assembly on the dash. I have 3 control cables connected up
to the heater control , dash vent / defrost, floor and heat. I have the
valve for the fresh air pickup as shown here, item 41.
http://www.pim.net/detsec12ill19.jpg
The control cable 31A, connects to heater control assembly, item 19 here,
http://www.pim.net/14.1pim.html. Mine is not the later vacuum/pushbutton
style.
I remember many years ago when I dismantled it, the control assm did have 2
cables on 1 lever but I do not know which one. I have looked for evidence
of screws or wire marks but nothing.
The fresh air box seems to be from serial# 5284, does anyone know or can
check their car for where this illusive cable lives on the control?
Thank you,
Brian