[DeTomaso] what should I have done while the car's in the shop?

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 14:03:58 EDT 2013

That's what I remembered but I couldn't find any internet coroboration...
that seemed weird so I thought maybe it would dip down to 3V while cranking
but it really didn't seem right.  If it's below 9V the coil won't be able
to generate spark.  And usually with a bad battery the voltage drops really
fast even with the headlights.

A battery short is the worst to diagnose since it's usualy a sulfated
path.  Sometimes it's a resistor, sometimes it's a short and sometimes it's
open.  Maddening.

sean