[DeTomaso] what should I have done while the car's in the shop?

Jeff Cobb jeffcobb1 at me.com
Tue Sep 24 06:35:56 EDT 2013

Hello Jim,
On Sep 23, 2013, at 10:11 PM, Pantdino <pantdino at aol.com> wrote:

> Is there really any concern that my engine would be done at 36M?
Absolutely not, why even think about that unless you are worried "with reason" about the prior rebuild, as these are strong engines, you state it was rebuilt on high standards and 36,000 is not many miles.
> Even the crap Fiat 850 motors were good to about 60M before rebuild.  :-)
And they were junk the day they were built, only lasted so long because of lightweight parts and low mass to move.
> I had an oil analysis done a while ago and it did not show any unusual metal levels
Good then Jim, now you know the engine is fine.
You just need to replace the starter and solenoid and make sure the ground wire is correct. Replace the battery especially if you have a warranty. When in doubt, change it out.
Think and walk or fix and drive.

Then drive it as deTomaso and Tjaarda would have wanted it to be driven.

Jeff Cobb

> Jim

>>> 2) timing chain / gear set
>>> 3) water pump