[DeTomaso] NPC - Valentino Balboni - the public face of Lamborghini

Dick Koch arkoch at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 20 14:27:42 EDT 2013

For all my DeTomaso Pantera brethren, the following may be of interest
to you.

In a prior post I mentioned that Bob Winchell, a friend of mine on a car
guy tour in Italy, visited the Tom Tjaarda museum, and provided a link
to the pictures he took while there.  On a further leg of his tour, Bob
also met with Valentino Balboni and sent me this video of a ride taken
in a Lambo Murciélago LP640 with Valentino Balboni at the wheel. Bob had
dinner with Valentino last week and described him as "a real deal
character !!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW7Cok5T2iE&feature=em-share_video_user

Bob's tour guide sent the following message to the folks on the tour
that included a response from Valentino in which Valentino referenced a
video titled, "The Reunion: 1973-2013."  It is a fascinating video
describing the reunion of a Muira SV with it's original owner,
Gianfranco Innocenti, with Valentino describing his first test drive in
the Muira, and the deliver of the same Muira to Gianfranco 40 years later.

The link to that video is at the end of Valentino's email to Frank
Mandarano, the tour guide, which follows: