[DeTomaso] The Pantera Wedding

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Sep 20 00:19:37 EDT 2013

In a message dated 9/19/13 21 09 56, garth_rodericks at yahoo.com writes:

> Well, my wife has suggested that when the Mustang returns from the body
> shop she should plan one week in which she drives a different car to school
> each day...  Landcruiser, 66 Mustang GT, 69 Cutlass convertible, 72
> Pantera, BMW 328i.
>
> Sounds like a novel idea, but not sure I want all the cars subjected to a
> high school student parking lot.  We'll see.  But she'll definitely get to
> drive them all.

Yeah, driving them is one thing, but driving them to high school is
something else entirely.

When I was in high school, there was a kid a couple of years ahead of me
who was a terrible student.   His father promised him if he passed all his
classes, he'd buy him a car.   He managed to do so (mostly Cs), so his dad
bought him a red Maserati Bora.

Must have been nice!

To be fair, that kid was VERY respectful of the car, and drove it like an
old lady.   No donuts or burnouts with that thing!