[DeTomaso] (no subject)

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Sep 19 22:56:49 EDT 2013

In a message dated 9/19/13 17 16 53, doug at pickbbs.com writes:

> If the switch has 4 connections and 2 positions (like 'on' and 'off'),
> then
> I think you will find that two connections are for power and the other two
> for ground.
>

>>>Electricity is FAR from my strong suit, but I doubt there would be any
ground connections on a switch.   Normally, items in the car are permanently
grounded to the chassis, and controlled with a switch which interrupts the
flow of power.   On the rocker switches, I think they have a single power
input, and a bunch of outputs, not all of which are used.   The headlight
switch, for instance, has one output that powers the taillights, front and side
marker lights and the interior lights, and a second one that powers the relay
which raises the headlight buckets, and also powers the headlights (or, if
the owner has modified the car, powers the relays which power the
headlights).

The blank switch is a generic switch with no actual function, but
fortunately they made it capable of function.   I don't know if all the electrical
tangs are rigged up or not?   You'd have to test that with an ohmmeter.   But
I would presume it has one input and (up to) three outputs?

Don't forget to incorporate a fuse in your circuit, if you use that switch
to power a component.

Cheers!