[DeTomaso] Jay Leno's Pantera! - YouTube

Jeff Cobb jeffcobb1 at me.com
Wed Sep 18 18:34:42 EDT 2013

I spent half a day in Mr. Leno's real man cave back in April. Thought I was in heaven.
It is about 110,000 sq/ft with about 5 or 6 rooms being about 90,000 sq/ft for the real clean
and damn near perfect 160 or so ready to go steam, electric, gas and turbine cars and motorcycles.
The other 20,000 or so sq/ft was for the repair shop with one of the happiest staff of workers I've ever met
and every machine and tool you've ever dreamed about, no kidding, duh?

Oldest was either a 30 ton English tractor from about 1880, an in floor steam engine
with a huge 9" diameter flywheel for the industrial revolution belt drive machine functions or
some early I don't know steam car. All the cars had a battery minder on them and were ready to go.

I have seen dirtier hospital operating rooms.

One of the most impressive items for me was a large glass sealed case with a metal floor
on 6 heavy duty rollers that held a ready to go new and complete spare Bugatti EB110 engine
and transaxle with turbos covered with gold foil. Bob who took us around said Mr. Leno bought
it from Mr. Peter Mullins who got tired of rolling it around his shop, the Mullins Museum.
 Every sq/in was covered with something that was so cool. I was exhausted after three hours,
overwhelming only starts to describe the collection and the awesome attitudes of Bob, Bernard and the staff.

Jeff Cobb
Cell 225-907-4514

Jeff Cobb Auto Works
1316 South Acadian Thruway