[DeTomaso] Seat Belts 2

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Sep 17 23:00:36 EDT 2013

In a message dated 9/17/13 19 57 51, michaelsavga at gmail.com writes:

> I use the key switch to turn it on and off, but use a console mounted
> push
> button to start it. When belted in tight, I can't reach the key.
>

>>>That's a smart solution.

I drove a car (#3988) that had both the ignition on/off and engine start
functions with switches on the front panel next to the wiper switch.   The
ignition key stayed in the ignition switch but its only function was to unlock
the steering--all electrics were removed from it.   VERY dangerous if you
ask me, because it would be perfectly possible to remove the key, yet still
start the car and drive off.   At some point you'd turn the steering wheel and
the ignition lock would engage and then your steering would be frozen until
you crashed into something.

Dumb!