[DeTomaso] Seat Belts 2

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Tue Sep 17 22:51:24 EDT 2013

Many questions re set belts.

The set you should buy is shown at:
http://coolfj40.stores.yahoo.net/seatbelfj19t.html   and is, I believe,
Part Number S013021. Scroll down at that address and you will  find the part
number. The cost is ~ $190 plus shipping.

This is the set for the front seat only.

I actually bought the set for front and back seats and threw the  back seat
parts in the trash. DUH!

My car is #6338, 1974.

The retractor reel bolts in place of the OEM retractor. The  retractor
bolted in place with no modifications using the OEM mounting bolt. The  "turn
around" for the shoulder belt bolts in place of the same part for the OEM
harness. The "turn around" bolted in place with the OEM bolts. The seat belt
anchor in the rocker panel bolts in place of the OEM part and uses the OEM
bolt. You may need two screw drivers to pry the piece of plastic trim at the
rocker apart to ease the seat belt anchor thru. This was easily done on my
'74.  The rocker panel anchor uses the OEM bolt.

The female receptacle mounts to the right angle bracket in the  picture.
The brackets mount so that the female receptacle is very close to the  center
console. The female receptacle can be positioned as required from an  angle
stand point.

Worked perfectly in my car. No modifications required. My OEM belts  and
the after market belts I first tried pissed me off every time I drove the
car. These are as close to modern car seat belts as you can get,  IMHO.

The ignition switch is next.

The main  thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.

Do the best you can with  what you have where you are.

Have fun  today,

sobill at aol.com