[DeTomaso] Wild GT40 qualifying video

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 15:26:33 EDT 2013

I'm pretty sure the 'popcorn popper' noise you hear is the GoPro moving
around in the plastic case.
If you don't get it mounted quite right and in the case correctly, any
movement ends up making this kind of noise and the microphone picks it up
real well.
At least, that's what happened with my GoPro a couple of times. When it is
on and you are mounting it in the case, you get the same kind of noise.

I've seen lots of comments about the driving skills displayed and they are
substantial... However, after discussion with others, no doubt he was
'putting on a show' in some respects. After all, in one place on the video,
he's all over the throttle, sawing the wheel, shifting and keeping it on
the track while the green Spyder GT40 is staying in a straight line and
accelerating just as hard without the drama. The Spyder is passed quickly
when I assume he backs off to let what he sees in the rear view mirror go
by. I would, too.....

But then, I could be completely full of it. Regardless, the fact that he
keeps it on the track through all that for two laps is impressive. I'd like
to be able to do that consistently.

FWIW,
Kirby