[DeTomaso] NPC - Russian driving, or why they all have dashboard cams

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 09:48:58 EDT 2013

I have read that Mike's hypothesis that their bad driving is a result of
them being for the most part 1st generation drivers (which doesn't do much
to explain the pedestrians) is the real problem in India where they say if
you visit as a tourist you have a much greater  chance of being killed or
injured in a traffic accident then being a victim of crime ,terrorism or
other unfortunate end. They are the second most populous country on earth ,
for the most part have no previous motor vehicle experience, the roads are
shared with animals, bicycles, motorized rickshaw type conveyances , cars
,trucks and tremendous amounts of traffic and total disregard for any kind
of traffic regulation devices (like traffic lights, signs or speed limits.
If any of you so that show that was a continuation of the "Ice Road
Truckers "series they had some segments filmed in India and a few of the
cast members packed their bags and left. They said it was "too dangerous"
this is coming from people who drive over frozen lakes and even frozen
saltwater above the arctic circle  where you can crash through the ice and
disappear in a matter of moments. And people think driving in La or NY is
bad!
Boyd