[DeTomaso] NPC - Russian driving, or why they all have dashboard cams

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sun Sep 15 20:39:49 EDT 2013

I've found myself watching a number of these, and I have to think that a lot
of falls into a few categories:
Drunken drivers
Drunken pedestrians
Trucks with faulty brakes
Truck drivers falling asleep
But the one that keeps coming back to me is this, and this is just
postulation, but remember that not much more than 25 years ago, not many
Russians could even afford a car, let alone get one, so the majority of this
country has only been driving for one generation.  They're still learning
how to drive and interact with vehicles.

Mike Thomas