[DeTomaso] Selling cars to non USA buyers

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Sep 12 17:49:43 EDT 2013

Ian,

I just went through this myself.

Do not accept a cashiers check. Those can be revoked months later. Only accept a full wire transfer into your bank account. If you are concerned about security, open a new account specifically for this job. When the money arrives, transfer it to your main account.

You will need to sign off the title and provide a bill of sale. The buyer is responsible for arranging transportation. Those guys are pros. They will pick up the car, verify the necessary documents, and away it goes.

Take a million photos of that process including photos of the documents you are sending with the car and photos of the driver accepting them. You will also get a receipt from the driver.

It's really quite easy.

Better idea--don't sell your Pantera!!!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone