[DeTomaso] Selling cars to non USA buyers

Ian Hannington ihannington286720mi at comcast.net
Thu Sep 12 17:44:11 EDT 2013

I have been contacted by someone in Chile who is interested in buying my
Pantera.  I have never sold a car to someone from outside the country before
and I am looking for advice from others who have on how to proceed.  We
talked a bit over the phone and agreed on a price and he is willing to wire
transfer the money to my account.  I told him I would not release the car
until all funds are transferred.  He is going to have a fellow Chilean who
lives in the US come and inspect it.  If everything is good, he will
transfer the funds.

So I guess I am looking to protect myself from any scams,  but I am thinking
that once the money is confirmed to have been transferred into my account
and cleared there is nothing to worry about, right?

I also don't know what to do if I actually do sell it to him.  Is there any
paperwork I have to fill out or anything else I need to do to ship it out of
the country?

I have a guy who is local to me who is coming to look at it on Monday too.
I  hope he wants it and then I don't have to worry about it!

Anyway, any advise would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Ian