[DeTomaso] positive ground ?

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Tue Sep 10 18:51:11 EDT 2013

Gray,

It all depends on the detailed design of the Pertronix module. If  the
module mounting surface is metallic for heat sinking and if this surface is
also the electrical common point of the module and if this surface is
connected to the chassis of the car when installed, you cannot simply reverse  the
voltage input wires to the module.

Which Pertronix module do you have?

Pertronix Ignitor (http://www.pertronix.com/prod/ig/ignitor/default.aspx)
says they have positive ground kits available. This means either the
electrical  components in the Ignitor are not connected to the mounting hardware or
the  mounting hardware can be isolated from the chassis of the car without
detriment  with the positive ground kit.

Ignitor II and Ignitor III have polarity reversal protection built  in. So
those can't be used.

Tell Pertronix what you have and what you want. Sounds like the  standard
Ignitor with the Positive Ground Kit should do the job.

Let us know what you find out.

SOBill

The main  thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.

Do the best you can with  what you have where you are.

Have fun today,

sobill at aol.com

In a message dated 9/10/2013 12:55:52 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,