[DeTomaso] A big thanks

Corey Price coreyjprice at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 18:59:09 EDT 2013

My fellow Pantera enthusiasts,

I have been working on my ZF for the past few weeks, and I just want to thank Dennis and Becky at Pantera Performance Center for their help.  They have spent their precious time on the phone in 15 minute intervals, sometimes two or three times a week.  I am the recipient of a lot of good, friendly advice in the teardown, seal replacement, inspection, restoration, rebuilding, etc.

The small cleanup project has become a much bigger project than I had imagined.  I hope to put it all back together soon.  You can see it on my blog: http://pantera1998.blogspot.com

The next dilemma is whether to replace the side cover axle and carrier bearings, which are worn but still serviceable.  I'm also measuring and working on the differential to make sure it has the proper clearances.  It has been a great and fun project, but I have to admit that these little ZF beasts are not easy to work on!  Luckily I have good friends locally and good experts one phone call away.

Corey Price