[DeTomaso] Gas Monkey Garage Orange Pantera

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Mon Sep 9 13:17:18 EDT 2013

I had mentioned before the comments did not seem to me, bad against
Pantera, in fact he seemed to like Pantera's. It seemed bad about barn
cars left for 30 years with no carburetors, in a barn with mud on them.
The car looks like a good restoration candidate but it is what it is; and
that is not a car which you can charge the battery, polish the paint then
sell as running car. For Richard to make that conclusion shows more about
Richard then it does the car.

For that, is Richards shortcomings and not the cars. For that most people
see through that.

Gary

> [...]
> could have gotten more thatn$17,500 from one of many folks that we all
> know
> who are looking for a low cost entry point into our world.  Having just
> paid for a new roof last month, I can assure you that I understand the
> issue of home repair cost ($28,000 spent in 3 days to a bunch of dudes who
> couldn't seemingly afford a shirt ).
> Certainly the PO was not responsible for Rawlings negative comments, as
> history shows, money and brains are not absolutely related.
>
> Michael Shortt
>

> On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM, Boyd Casey <boyd411 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think the previous owner that sold the orange Pantera to Gas Monkey
>> feels his car has been shown in a bad light.  Robert Rawlings has made
>> disparaging remarks concerning the owners representation of the car and
>> in
>> doing so has impugn the sellers integrity.
>>  Since the previous owner has chosen to join our blog ( or may have been
>> member) I think it would be nice if we ceased making disparaging remarks
>> about his former car. He must have had some warm feelings for it to have
>> kept it for 33 years in spite of the fact that his handicap prevented
>> him
>> from driving it ( and his finances may have kept him from restoring it)
>> he
>> still kept it for 33 years. So out of respect to an old handicapped
>> Pantera owner who had an old handicapped Pantera lets be our normal
>> welcoming and compassionate selves and be glad that this once fine
>> automobile is going to be resurrected (hopefully) instead of being
>> crushed
>> or parted out.
>>  Boyd
>> P.S. Richard Rawlings is a speculator who doesn't personally work on or
>> even design the cars his shop flips. He had his obese flunky ( who's
>> Pantera knowledge could be printed with a crayon on the back of a
>> matchbook) give the car a quick "once over" and decided it wouldn't be
>> profitable to restore this car. I know he operates a business and must
>> make
>> decisions based on business parameters but if he or his staff were
>> better
>> informed about Panteras  they may have found a way to show what they are
>> really made off and if  they really do possess skills and talent
>> necessary
>> to undertake a car that is a little bit more challenging then the
>> typical
>> muscle car they deal with. But perhaps that's exactly what they did by
>> just
>> giving up! ( And I do enjoy watching the show, if they had done this P
>> antera I could have become a hard core Gas Monkey Fan!)
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 11:37 AM, rhey1950 <rhey1950 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The orange Pantera on Ebay used to belong to me.It is not as bad as
>>> think.I was the second owner and the miles are legit.I am handicapped
>>> now
>>> and can't drive,so I sold the car to Fast and Loud with the intent of
>>> them
>>> fixing the car.Whoever gets the car will need to spend time and
>>> money,but
>>> will come out with a nice Pantera.I needed a roof and the Pantera sale
>>> paid
>>> for it.My congratulations to the new owner of this car,and yes,it sat