[DeTomaso] Ford 392 rev limit?

Doug Scott doug at pickbbs.com
Fri Sep 6 16:07:52 EDT 2013

The original post of this thread led me to believe the owner wanted his car
to be very responsive.  After reading what I wrote again, I did not word it
correctly, I was meaning to keep rpm at the start of the peak torque band.
In other words, if the engine makes 400lbs/ft torque at 3000rpm, and rises
to its peak torque number(450 in my example) at 4800rpm, drive with the car
at 3000rpm to get the best acceleration or to be at the most responsive
speed.  There is little reason to have a high hp engine on the street, you
want a high tq engine.

doug