[DeTomaso] Great Monterey story

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Sep 4 22:40:20 EDT 2013

Hi guys,

Got this from a guy on another Italian car list.   The individual in
question is NOT a Pantera person...thankfully!

Mike

====

So, I heard this great story and need to share.

Seems this unnamed female Vice President of an unnamed Italian car club was
at Laguna Seca for the vintage races. She became aware that the club
seriously overbought grandstand tickets for the vintage races. She, and I believe
others began trying to sell the excess tickets at the event to reduce the
clubs loss and was informed not only by SCRAMP but also by the CHP that resale
of the tickets was illegal and she/they were ordered to stop.

Well being undeterred by mere illegality she moved her sales effort out to
highway 68. The very same CHP officer saw her and asked, in what I am
reasonably sure was a professional manner "what was it about our last conversation
that you didn't understand?".  Further he asked for her ID. She stated she
did not have her ID with her and identified herself with another persons
name, a person she well knows and I believe the one responsible for the ticket
purchase. The officer asks if the car she was with was hers and if the purse
on the seat was hers. She responded that they were. I am unclear on the
details but before the encounter was over the officer had her license proving
she lied about who she was and was so impressed with his encounter with her
he arrested her on 4 misdemeanor charges.

She spent until 11:00 that night in jail in Salinas.

Karma is a debt that will always be paid. Sometimes later, sometimes
sooner.