[DeTomaso] Vintage racing the Pantera

LS lashdeep at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 4 12:45:32 EDT 2013

Pirelli P7 Corsa Classic?

http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/ww/en/car/sheet-motorsport/p7_corsa_classic.html

LS

central
wines-spirits   est 1934

625 e street nw

washington, dc 20004

centralwines.com

facebook.com/CentralLiquors

202-737-2800

________________________________
 From: "MikeLDrew at aol.com" <MikeLDrew at aol.com>
To: rfmccall at comcast.net; detomaso at poca.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 3, 2013 9:25 PM
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Vintage racing the Pantera

In a message dated 9/3/13 16 38 18, rfmccall at comcast.net writes:

> Does anyone know of any Panteras that are being or have been vintage
> raced with SVRA or similar?
>
> It looks like most of their groups require DOT tires. I think that it
> would be VERY hard to find a usable
>
> tire in the correct sizes for a Gp4 Pantera.
>

>>>Dale Eriksen has been running his factory Gr3 Pantera with SVRA for
years.   He runs Hoosier R6 race tires, 225/50 and 275/50-15.   He didn't bring
it to Arizona this year, instead running his street Pantera with ancient BFG
street tires.

It is very easy to find DOT legal race tires for Gr4-sized wheels.
Michelin makes the TB15 in sizes that equate to 295/40 and 335/35.   They are a
perfect fit on a GT5 or Gr4.   But your car isn't equipped with Gr4 flares or
super-wide wheels and therefore Dale's tires would be perfect for you.
They are readily available from Tire Rack etc.   They also offer a 245/50 if
you want a bit more meat in the front, although clearance can sometimes be an
issue with tires that large, and the front fender flares may need to be
massaged outwards somewhat.