[DeTomaso] New Lift

Stephen Nelson steve at snclocks.com
Wed Sep 4 12:18:24 EDT 2013

When we bought 5332 my wife agreed it was time to do something about fitting
all the cars in the garage.  The perfect reason to finally get a lift -
improve parking space and, well, make it so much easier to fix things on
cars.  I decided to go with a single-post lift from Gemini after reading
comments from various folks on this forum.  And am very pleased with the
lift now that it is installed.  It truly maximizes available floor space.
And, while a bit daunting at first, it was not that bad to put all the
pieces together, even though several were very heavy.  In fact, with the aid
of an engine hoist, a bottle jack, a floor jack and several 4 wheel dollies,
I was able to assemble it by myself in perhaps 20 hours.

Check out the photo's here:  The
<http://www.snclocks.com/TheRestofourWorld/Autos/The-New-Lift/31657461_788J5
p#!i=2743862753&k=Qn7K2VS>  New Lift

Next step is to pull the engine and figure out why it smokes on start-up.
Consensus locally is that the guy who put in the cam didn't make provisions
in the head for the increased lift and likely trashed the valve-stem seals.
More anon.

Stephen Nelson