[DeTomaso] Air Cleaner

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 08:38:55 EDT 2013

David Vizard has tested K&N filtration and he says he gets the same micron
filtration as with paper but with much better air flow.  He's also often
sponsored by K&N so it's hard to tell if sponsorship came first or after,
but his advice on engine building, cam profiles and head flow is pretty
good.  The reason he states for the smaller micron filtration is the
electrostatic relationship of moving air and the oil soaked media.  I think
that sounds like it works... most of the time.  I bet on humid or rainy
days it is not as pronounced unless you are moving a *lot* of air.

I'd really like to see some independent testing.  If I was racing I would
use a K&N, but I'm just driving my noisy ride around the blvd so paper it
is.

sean