[DeTomaso] NEW PRODUCT - 351C Fast Water Pump Pulley

Doug Scott doug at pickbbs.com
Tue Sep 3 20:16:56 EDT 2013

>>> At some point the restriction to increased flow likely becomes the
thermostat.<<<<<

That is actually part of the cooling system design.  Removing the thermostat
can actually make an engine run hotter due to the speed of coolant flow
though the radiator.  Coolant is not in the rad long enough to lose enough
of the heat.  Moroso has made special restrictor plates (large washers) to
use in place of the thermostat.  I ran a 351C in a 78 Mustang back in the
day, and had to run the 5/8 hole plate to keep temps under 200 degrees.
Without the plate and thermostat, engine temps would continue to rise until
overheating when running in the city.

doug