[DeTomaso] Air Cleaner

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 3 16:43:23 EDT 2013

What, the fact they are British isn't enough for you ;>)

Both are readily available in the U.S.A. http://itgfilters.net/ and http://www.pipercrossusa.com/

I was always led to believe that foam filters have a better airflow (lower delta P) at higher cleaning efficiency/higher particulate load up. Look at most vintage racecars running ITB's or carbs and the largest proportion will have one of these style foam filters. I run a Pipercross filter on the Formula Atlantic using twin DCOE Webers. When compared to the K&N sandwiched between two plates the open filter area is significantly larger and you don't have a blank sat right over your carb/throttle body inlet.

Probably not the scientific justification you were looking for I know.

Julian