[DeTomaso] NPC - jump starting a car

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 09:08:54 EDT 2013

On a related note, two points of data of limited utility that I have learned
since yesterday:

1) Leaving your car radio with the display on will drain the battery in 7
days. Possible less, but if you try to start your car on the 7th day you'll
just get a click
2) A Ctek battery tender will charge a (good but drained) battery in under
24 hours.

I took the battery out of the Pantera last weekend to start my wife's car
when I was unsuccessful jump starting it. It put it back in last weekend,
and apparently when you hook the battery up, the radio display turns itself
on. I imagine it doesn't use a WHOLE lot of juice, but a week of text
scrolling across the screen and the backlighting on "full" will do the
trick. I had a car cover on and had only uncovered the front trunk, so I
didn't notice the glow coming from within.

I don't disconnect my battery, but keep a Ctek battery tender connected at
all times. I could disconnect the battery, but it is a real pain to re-set
the factory digital clock thing...

Charles McCall
Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe
1985 DeTomaso Pantera #9375