[DeTomaso] update on starting problem--it was the battery

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Sun Sep 29 16:25:50 EDT 2013

Well, in another example of "check the simplest thing first," it was the battery that was bad.
I can't explain why the headlights were so bright the times I checked, the voltage seemed good, etc

Yesterday the voltage dropped to 9.5v with the headlight switch on and the lights wouldn't even come up

I took the battery to Walmart, they confirmed it was bad, new one installed, car turns over great.

Thanks for everyone's help

Jim