[DeTomaso] NPC - Did Datsun 240Z's always sound this good?

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 15:14:30 EDT 2013

I remember those, never could afford one ehen they were still cool and
certainly couldn't when they became a bloated GT ( 280zx ).
Had friends with them,  the 240 was the only one to have, the 260 never ran
right and the 280 lost its edge completely.  Hard to find one now, most
were equipped with rust attractors.
The sounds of those webers were unmistakable and what looks to be minimal (
if at all) exhaust. I always considered  it to be the  reincarnation of an
MGB, followed by the Gen 1 RX-7 and then the Miata.
Too bad that once a cool car comes out, they always seem to improve it
until ruination.

Michael Shortt