[DeTomaso] Autocross

rcbsons1 at aol.com rcbsons1 at aol.com
Mon Oct 28 01:05:19 EDT 2013

I've been to NorCal Scca autocrosses with over 300 entries. They sometimes have 3 or 4 cars on the track at the same time.

The Scca Nationals are the largest motor sports event in the world with over 3000 cars running over several days

You can run an autocross in most fairgrounds, airstrips or community parking lots. The issue is getting approval and insurance for the event. Our local Scca region started collecting a site fund fee. It was well over $300k a long time back.  Not sure what they ever did. Real Estate around here is way too expensive to buy

Sporting event lots will also sometimes rent their lots out when the teams are out of town or in the off season. The oakland coliseum is used regularly in our region

You could also share an event will other clubs to help with equipment and setups.

Have fun.  I think Autocrossing is one of the most challenge things to do with a car

Sent from my iPhone
Bob Benson
RC Benson & Sons
Office 650-965-3430