[DeTomaso] Herb Adams

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Oct 24 17:21:25 EDT 2013

In a message dated 10/24/13 1:39:54 PM, rcbsons1 at aol.com writes:

> I was looking at the rest of the entries for the Optima Challenge
> and they have Herb Adams in his Chevette on the list.. I contacted
> his old suspension guy that I met last year and he said he would
> be there if Herb was running

Herb is pretty active. Many years ago he stopped by the Pleasanton
autocross site with his crew, on the way back from Sears Point. We were just setting
up the course and It was pouring rain. He said, 'You people are flat crazy
to race in this weather!" We told him we'd already paid for the lot rental
and the fairgrounds didn't give refunds. So we were gonna do it anyway.
That's the weekend we exactly broke even on expenses, only after club members
collected 25 lbs of aluminum cans from all the trash barrels on the site....
Good times- J Deryke