[DeTomaso] IR EFI experience - Not sure if original post made it so resending

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 18:30:49 EDT 2013

Kelly Coffield's system wasn't a system.  He just made the manifold.  I
don't think he provided anything else to anyone.

The last I heard was that he would never do it again ­ too much work.  But
maybe he would reconsider.  Dan should know.  He seems to know everything
else.  ;-)

I have Webers on my car, and they really tamed down the idle ­ less rumble
and quieter.  Low RPM torque is much better.  I miss the rough idle, though.

The change was from IR, so you should have the same with IR EFI.

Expect a lot of work to get the EFI portion working correctly.  Or, you can
pay an expert and get it working right sooner.

I think Mike Trusty was the source for the cool EFI linkage.  Instead of
using bell cranks, it has a pulley in the center of the intake.  I don't
know if it is his design, or if he got it from someone else ­ but it looks
like it works very smoothly.
--
Will